Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Mushroom Madness: Argentinian Subcubensis
    #617885 - 04/24/02 11:16 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I received a beautiful spore print from Mushroom Madness of the Argentinian Subcubensis they were offering. I was only able to try it multispore but i was very impressed.
This Subcubensis displays consistant rhizomorphic mycelia upon multispore innoculation - on the same lines as Mazatapecs, and is an aggressive fruiter - it is pinning all over the place within four days of birthing. I will post pics and information shortly.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemidnitesun
old-school,master-grower
 User Gallery

Loc: East Coast(on the water-f...
Re: Mushroom Madness: Argentinian Subcubensis [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #617908 - 04/24/02 11:53 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

bluemeanie, i am also experiencing strong mycellim growth in bags and jars of that strain from m.m........so far....i am looking forward to the fruits too.........maybe grow some plates out too.....peace

--------------------
"3 o'Clock Road Block,hey mister Cop, I ain't got no,Ber-surfer-ticket"(rfic). (Bob Marley)

"Here's an idea,lets make the Constitution legal". (Ron Paul)

"The war on drugs is a lie created by the State to enslave it's citizens".(midnitesun)

InvisibleMushroom_Madness
enthusiast
Loc: Quaint New England Villag...
    #618127 - 04/25/02 06:40 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Blue & Midnite... I'm glad to see that your research is going well. I wish the two of you the best.

Good Luck,

OfflinePhake_ld
enthusiast
    #622074 - 04/29/02 08:40 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, I've grown this strain. It's amazing how fast it pins. Mines pins within 12-24 hours from puting it into my grow space. Wait untill you see some flushes. I've gotten 5 huge flushes from a quart sized rye berry cake. Have you tried the Texan strain too. It is equally as impressive. I've never seen anything fruit as agressively as these do. And I've grown Puerto Rican, Golden Teacher, and Equadors. The trip experience is equally as impressive to.

Just my 2 cents!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #622345 - 04/29/02 03:24 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Hi Blue Meanie,

There are no Psilocybe subcubensis in Argentina. Only Psilocybe cubensis.

Psilocybe subcubensis has only been identified as coming from Ecuador and not fromArgentina.

Here below is a list of the speices found in Argentina.

You might want to write to those spore vendor and let them know their ID is not correct.

Argentina Shroom List.
Conocybe kuhneriana,
Gerronema fubula,
Gymnopilus sapineus,
Gymnopilus spectabilis,
Panaeolus fimicola,
Panaeolus retirugis,
Panaeolus subbalteatus,
Psilocybe collybiodes,
Psilocybe cubensis,
Psilocybe hoogshagenii var. hoogshagenii,
Psilocybe wrightii, and
Psilocybe zapotecorum.

have a shroomy day,

mj

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Mushroom Madness: Argentinian Subcubensis [Re: mjshroomer]
    #622681 - 04/29/02 10:52 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

You are the expert, but as far as I know species do not identify w/ borders. Granted Argentina is on the other side of the contnintal divide. I have a print from a Shroomerite in Brazil who claims his specie is a sub-cube as well. He gave me a link to one of your papers in which you mention sub-cubes. However sub-cubes were only mentioned in passing. I am interested in knowing what sub-cubes are. Perhaps you could point me in the right direction.

You also say this, "In Oregon they [Azurescens] grow alng the coastal regions around Tillamock and Astoria and sometimes they appear in washingotn state, but never for a year or so and again are gone."

I found quite a few of them in a park in Washington. I talked to the locals who were picking there, they said they had been picking at this location for at least 5 years and mentioned there was another park about 20 miles away that had more.

Again, I am no where near as experienced as you. Forgive me for my ignorance.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Mushroom Madness: Argentinian Subcubensis [Re: mjshroomer]
    #622910 - 04/30/02 04:43 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

well I can only go on what im told about that. It was labeled as a subcubie, so I assumed that it was. It is also labeled as a subcubensis at Stainblue.com. I think the only difference is sporesize (im not positive but thats what it says in Stamets).
As for azurescens - i suppose they can spread - I would very much like to see MJ's non-posted photos of Aussie psilocybes.

--------------------

InvisibleMushroom_Madness
enthusiast
Loc: Quaint New England Villag...
    #623000 - 04/30/02 08:28 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

The Psilocybe Subcubensis Spore Print was collected in the Santa Rosa region of Northeast Argentina (SA). Species are not restricted by borders. My source for the specimen (who also happens to be a professional mycologist) confirmed the taxonomy.

As to where they can be found, well that is truly a matter of debate. New discoveries are consistently found, but the Psilocybe Subcubensis Spore Prints we offer have been collected in Argentina by our mycologist friend. But, this is hardly a new discovery in my opinion.

As references you can check Stamets' field guide (p.111) which mentions several countries of origin for Psilocybe Subcubensis, not to mention the fact that it's distribution is probably more widespread than presently known. Dr. Guzman also gives proclamations of such.

Well there is nothing more I can add to this debate, for I am not a world renowned professional mycologist. But it would be interesting to see or read MJ, Dr. Guzman and Statements debate this!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies