Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinemrMagik
Wisdom God
Loc: Amazon
Easy Humidity (pic)
    #637794 - 05/20/02 11:25 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

This has probably been posted several times in different forms but I thought i'd post my rendition of an easy humidity method. This method alone keeps my humidity in the upper 80's low 90's RH (perfect for casings). It consists of a plastic bottle with a bubbling stone and tubing comming in from the top, this tubing is connected to an air pump. Then is another tube coming from the top of the bottle which connects to the grow chamber. I made this device because I got sick of hoe messy perlite is and I also like to have as much space in my grow chambers for casings and such. I hope this helps some of the newer members whom haven't seen this before. Let me know what ya'll think and sorry for the small pic.

--------------------

war=no good!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushroomBoy123
enthusiast

Loc: Wa
Re: Easy Humidity (pic) [Re: mrMagik]
    #637802 - 05/20/02 11:30 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

thats cool bro, keep up the good work!

--------------------
There is a Fungus amoung us.

OfflineC12H17N204P
enthusiast

Loc: Minnesota, USA
    #637857 - 05/20/02 12:03 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Could you explain what you're doing in more detail? It looks interesting and might me something I want to use once I start to get going. I see that you're sending air into the water bottle, but is that it? And what is the bubbling stone?

--------------------
"My mind is full of dreams...
My eyes filled with fantasies
I hear what I see
And see what I hear
My senses are not dulled, I simply see clear"

The Green Pages
"My heart is broke, but I have some glue, help me inhale, and mend it with you." - R.I.P. KDB

OfflinemrMagik
Wisdom God
Re: Easy Humidity (pic) [Re: C12H17N204P]
    #637900 - 05/20/02 12:50 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I start off by getting a small bottle (20 oz I think). I dont have a drill so I got an ice pick and a lighter and heated up the lighter to make a hole in the bottle cap. This hole in the bottle cap is where your first tubing will go. On the end of this tubing will have an air stone attached to it. You can buy an air stone at a pet shop for about 70 cents. This stone bubbles which creates high humidity in the bottle. The tubing from the bottle cap connects to the air pump, the air pump can also be bought at a pet shop. Your second tube should come out of the top portion of the bottle, this tube comes from top portion because you only want the humid air being pushed into your grow chamber and not alot of water. The main principle is the air pump blows air through the air stone which pushes very humid air through the tube in the top portion of the bottle hence creating humidity in the grow chamber. I hope this helps you somewhat. The total cost for this set up is around $25 bux.

--------------------

war=no good!

OfflinemrMagik
Wisdom God
    #638125 - 05/20/02 03:57 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Another plus about this tek is it also adds new air along with humidity. The pump I got has a changable filter on it but im also going to make a HEPA filter type box for the pump to stay in

--------------------

war=no good!

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
    #638161 - 05/20/02 04:14 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

do u have to have the bubble stone because i was just thinking of just having the air tube just go into the water. Then just have that other tube going into the terrarium supplying it with a little air and good RH (relative humidity)...ive never used a bubble stone befor and to be honest with you i dont know what the fuck its suppose to do...

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

OfflinemrMagik
Wisdom God
Re: Easy Humidity (pic) [Re: Northernsoul]
    #638223 - 05/20/02 04:48 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, im not really sure whats up with the air stone it seems to destribute air better, but just using the tube on its own would work great and would save you a buck (like Mr T says, "save at least a buk or two!")

--------------------

war=no good!

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

#638235 - 05/20/02 04:56 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

ok, sounds like a plan then. As for filtering the air...id think that the water would filter most of the stuff out. I think ill go with putting a little peroxide in the water just to be sure..its volatile to most bacteria and doesnt let off any vapours...except a H2o or O2..forget what one....ill keep u informed...so whats your avg humidity with this?

--------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
And I'll be gone

OfflinemrMagik
Wisdom God
    #638248 - 05/20/02 05:07 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Average humidity is 87%. This is perfect for casings. I recomend getting a pretty powerful pump, if the air pump is powerful it will blow more humid air into your chamber which will keep humidity higher and it will also raise the humidity faster inbetween any fanning that you might do. I bought a double pump model inwhich I use one pump for the bottle humidity and the other one for extra air exchange.

--------------------

war=no good!

OfflineDex_Detrimental
    #638257 - 05/20/02 05:15 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

what the bubble stone does is makes bubbles! This is important because hundreds of thousands of tiny air compartments (the bubbles) bring more air in contact with the water, which brings more water into the grow chamber. This equals more humid air.

The air stone makes more humidity than just an air tube would.

If one of these things makes the RH in the chamber 87-90%, I bet two or even three would rock for cakes.

Offlinealienated
contaminationgrower

Loc: kali-forn-I-A
    #638300 - 05/20/02 06:10 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

well, im making one now. i'll post a pic soon.

--------------------
-m.

I dont even grow these things... I just post for this guy that knows a guy, who's sisters boyfriend dumped about 2 months ago.

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

#638315 - 05/20/02 06:18 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

well i have one soso pum and one weak one...but i think thatll do for the one chamber about your size there.....have ytou had the pins yet and fruits under this device? If so how evenly distributed are the conditioned inside the chamber?

--------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
And I'll be gone

OfflineHigh_On_Magic
    #1914502 - 09/14/03 01:41 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

id paint the bottle black, or shit, just make holes in a peroxide bottle, sunlight breaks down h202 into water so unless you wanna add some every couple days id jsut be as lazy as posible and use the bottle it comes in, and just use straight h202 why not be extra careful?

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: Easy Humidity (pic) [Re: High_On_Magic]
    #1914672 - 09/14/03 03:29 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

heres my design for a simillar device.... www.geocities.com/drugsworkforme

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies