Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem
    #2367543 - 02/22/04 11:23 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Okay, this creep, whom I and my wife both contributed money to over the years has decided again to run for President of the USA.

Wlll last time the asshole caused Al Gore to lose the election and now the fucker comes back again to run as an independant. Obviously no party will support him or no party will throw their support his way.

I wonder if that fucker works for George Bush's family. He will most likely cause Bush to win re-election and that in itself makes Nadar the Biggest Asshole of the Century.

I despise this man and today mailed his campaign organization my thoughts on this shit.

What does everyone else think about this crap?

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMojo_Risin
Man

Loc: United States of America ...
Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2367606 - 02/22/04 11:41 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
I wonder if that fucker works for George Bush's family.
mj

Same thing crossed my mind. Looks like the powers at be are installing the outcome before the polls even open :thumbdown:.

--------------------
Fear    attracts  energy  that can expose one to be coerced. Learn to overcome fear and develop enlightenment.

Freedom Equality Justice (3 of 12 Jewels of Life)

Nov.11th Veterans Ron Paul Moneybomb...www.Ronpaul2012.com

Check out campaignforliberty.com

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #2367609 - 02/22/04 11:42 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

In 2000 he was making a serious run, and he got his share of votes. Now he won't get so many votes cause people remember 2000. I have no idea what his motivation is. Maybe he thinks he's "cool". Maybe he drives to get off baby.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #2367622 - 02/22/04 11:46 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

he wont be on the ballot in most states..only in states like ohio that the repoops need to win...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2367669 - 02/22/04 12:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think anything that keeps the current crop of dems out of office is a good thing. GW isn't much better but the continuity of keeping liberals out of the office is important.

Go Ralph!

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2367863 - 02/22/04 12:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Go Ralph!

I bet you had your "go ralph nader" bumper sticker on your car weeks ago.

--------------------

http://www.sacredshrooms.org

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: mabus]
    #2367889 - 02/22/04 12:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not a user of bumper stickers.

I tattooed it on my forehead.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1
    #2367894 - 02/22/04 12:53 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't know he was running this year. I hope he doesn't mess things up too. I'd like to see Bush & co. go.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2368002 - 02/22/04 01:17 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'll be voting for Ralph Nader in November.

I think the concept that Nader cost Gore the election was manufactured by people who want to make sure a 3rd party never gets a foothold.

As long as everyone's turned off by voting 3rd party, we can keep our "two party" system.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblehawk
Stranger
    #2368246 - 02/22/04 02:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think the people are so tired of Bush that they will realize that it is in every bodies best interest to not vote for Nader. I think that him running as an independent this time will slow down any band wagon that was started.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: Learyfan]
    #2368328 - 02/22/04 02:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The nation's never going to wake up in high enough numbers to overcome our two-party system just by voting for a third-party candidate. Besides, to vote for a third-party candidate, you have to place principles above pragmatism.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #2368372 - 02/22/04 02:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I think the concept that Nader cost Gore the election was manufactured by people who want to make sure a 3rd party never gets a foothold. As long as everyone's turned off by voting 3rd party, we can keep our "two party" system.

I also think the argument that Nader lost the 2000 election for Gore is weak, but I do not understand Nader's motivations this time around nor will I support him.

In order for a 3rd party to emerge as a powerful player in American politics, they will need a massive grassroots movement or some sort of massive funding source. Otherwise, they would never raise to the level of the Democratic/Republican parties. If someone like Nader runs for president (the highest position in the land) without any grassroots movement or funding, they will not accomplish much. It seems like a futile exercise of ego, especially when you compare what 3rd electoral campaigns can accomplish in different avenues - local and state or Congressional office.

I do not understand why people will the least chance of winning and with the smallest amount of funding/support waste so much resource and energy running for one of the most unattainable offices in the world. Personally, I think it is simply ego-stroking masscarading as idealism.

I think if Ralph Nader actually desired to work for substancial and sustainable change, he would run for an office that he could at least have a chance to win. Why doesnt he run for a seat in Congress or a state Governor? Why does he continue to shoot for the impossible?

Sure, fuck the two-party stranglehold over the decision-making processes that occur in Washington DC. But at least have a winable and realistic plan that has a possibility of fruiting...Nader has nothing of the sort.

Working on campaigns that will never see victory will only lead to alienation and cynicism and apathy. Nader needs to take a clue from guerilla warefare and realize the importance of fighting winnable battles and building upon such successes.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Anonymous

deleted [Re: Xochitl]
    #2368411 - 02/22/04 03:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

deleted

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #2368414 - 02/22/04 03:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I think the concept that Nader cost Gore the election was manufactured by people who want to make sure a 3rd party never gets a foothold.

What third "party" is that? The Nader Party? Didnt the Green Party, the third party option in 2000, pretty much disown Ralph? I wont say a vote for Nader is a vote for Bush, because its not. Its more like a -1 for the dems.

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: Xochitl]
    #2368415 - 02/22/04 03:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Sure, fuck the two-party stranglehold

Stop whinning, vote nader!

--------------------

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

#2368427 - 02/22/04 03:12 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'll be voting for Ralph Nader in November.

me2 :grin: 
Quote:

Wants to end the war on drugs
The drug war has failed ? we spend nearly $50 billion annually on the drug war and problems related to drug abuse continue to worsen. We need to acknowledge that drug abuse is a health problem with social and economic consequences. Therefore, the solutions are ? public health, social services and economic development and tender supportive time with addicts in our depersonalized society. Law enforcement should be at the edges of drug control not at the center. It is time to bring some illegal drugs within the law by regulating, taxing and controlling them. Ending the drug war will dramatically reduce street crime, violence and homicides related to underground drug dealing.

:stash:

--------------------

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
    #2368566 - 02/22/04 04:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Stop whinning, vote nader!

Whining and ego-stroking and sloganeering is all Nader and his following can accomplish without a plan based in reality. Without a plan, there is no victory. Without victory, a movement dies. A dead movement leads to alienation. Alienation leads to defection.

Nader does not have a plan.

Imagine if all of the Nader supporters (I was one) of 1996-2000 had concentrated more on grassroots local, state, and Congressional campaigns instead of "shooting for the stars" by running for the most unattainable office in the world, there would change and resistance and the growing foundation for a successful 3rd party presidential bid.

Because we all focused a majority of our energy on a presidential campaign, there is very little movement and foundation today.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

#2368639 - 02/22/04 04:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It all sounds like whinning to me. You have a chance to vote for a third party in Nov and you won't.
concentrated more on grassroots local, state, and Congressional campaigns
Thats even harder than nader winning 04. You can't stop a snake from biting you by stepping on it's tail. You go for the head.

--------------------

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
    #2368755 - 02/22/04 05:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Thats even harder than nader winning 04.

Winning state, local, and congressional seats is harder than winning presidency? You are dead wrong.

There are hundreds of 3rd party members in state and local school and government offices. When was the last 3rd party presidential candidate to win? I believe it was Theodore Roosevelt with his Bull Moose party in 1912.

Quote:

You can't stop a snake from biting you by stepping on it's tail. You go for the head.

Cute metaphor, but it has no basis in reality. Nader does not even have a chance at "going for the head." In fact, Nader is about 400 miles away from the snake. This is because he is too busy stroking his ego and wasting time/resource with running for president every four years. All he amounts to is spectacle politics.

And besides, if you are so passionate about "cutting the head off the snake," then you would not even bother with electoral politics in the first place. Rather, you'd be interested in direct action (i.e. militant labor strikes, economic sabotage, etc.) Voting for Nader is anything but revolutionary or dangerous to the powers that be - dont kid yourself.

--------------------

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
    #2368905 - 02/22/04 05:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Nader didn't cost Gore the Presidency. The illegal Florida purge list did. If everyone who wanted to vote would have been allowed, Gore probably would have won Florida in excess of 10,000 votes.

And don't forget the fucker couldn't even carry his home state.

I also think it's worth mentioning that Nader knows that these presidential races are unwinnable. He's not in them to win. He's in them to do what he can to influence the discourse of the election. If he can use his publicity to at least make Kerry respond to the progressive issues Nader is raising, then he's done his job.

Nader has written that he's a long-distance runner, not a sprinter. The idea is that the strength of his movement and his issues builds up over time, not in one election year.

I, however, do agree that the Green Party and Nader would be well-served to focus on lower offices.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #2369545 - 02/22/04 08:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Not only do I hope people vote for Nader, I hope people vote for the Libertarian presidential candidate as well. And for any other non-Democrat and non-Republican who manages to get on the ballot. The more the better.

Fuck the two party system.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: Phred]
    #2369743 - 02/22/04 09:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Agreed.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #2370276 - 02/22/04 11:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

pinksharkmark said:

Right on. I'll be voting for Nader. I live in New York, so it shouldn't affect The presidential election. There's no chance New York will go to Bush.

OfflineWhiteRabbitt
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2370589 - 02/23/04 12:57 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

IF you vote for Nader, you are a fucking idiot. You all hate Bush so much and want him out of office, and the only way to do that is to vote dem. Why would you vote for someone that obviously will not win and by voting for them will ensure a Bush victory?

--------------------
You gotta jump and swing up to hit me in the knees.

InvisibleBuddha5254
addict
Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: WhiteRabbitt]
    #2370770 - 02/23/04 04:04 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I voted for him in 2000. He was great, calling out the government on its hypocrisy, and telling the truth about how our country is run.
However, Bush also did not run on far-right wing politics, he ran more as a moderate. None of us could have predicted what Bush would do once in office. His turn to the hard right has been tolerated thus far by the public, becasue it is seen as a response to 9/11.
Voting a democrat in office is better than having Bush in office. The stakes are too high this time, I think you should vote Democrat if you live in states that may go either way, but like me, if you live in Bush territory, does it matter?
I just want that fucker out. He has done enough damage the country already. We can worry about third parties next time when things chill out a little bit, but for right now things are too crazy to make a statement about two party politics. I wish other parties could make inroads, and get rid of the two party system, but its naive to think its gonna happen this election year. Just think about whats happened in 4 years (less than!) and think about what the priorities are.

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
    #2370792 - 02/23/04 04:20 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

pinksharkmark said:
Not only do I hope people vote for Nader, I hope people vote for the Libertarian presidential candidate as well. And for any other non-Democrat and non-Republican who manages to get on the ballot. The more the better.

pinky

:thumbup:

if it werent third parties, I'd vote write in...

OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
    #2370839 - 02/23/04 05:01 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
Okay, this creep, whom I and my wife both contributed money to over the years has decided again to run for President of the USA.

I certaintly won't vote for Nader, but if you think he is a creep, why have you been giving him money? As I said, I won't vote for him, but I hardly think he is a creep. He's probably done more against the big companies that I'm sure you see as the biggest evil ever than most libbies have.
Quote:

Wlll last time the asshole caused Al Gore to lose the election and now the fucker comes back again to run as an independant. Obviously no party will support him or no party will throw their support his way.

So, since he might cost the libbies their prescious "get rid of bush", he shouldn't have the right to run? If he gets his 7,000,000 signatures, he can be on the ballot, just like anyone else. I'm definatly going to sign.
Quote:

I wonder if that fucker works for George Bush's family. He will most likely cause Bush to win re-election and that in itself makes Nadar the Biggest Asshole of the Century.

Well, wouldn't you think that Bush would be a bigger asshole? 1/3 of the country is registered independant, he's got a chance *stifles laughter*
Quote:

I despise this man and today mailed his campaign organization my thoughts on this shit.

I hope you told them how this "creep", "asshole" and man you "despise" has been supported by you in the past! Maybe they are after the "grass is greener" constituents.
Quote:

What does everyone else think about this crap?

I think I'm going to have four more years to laugh at my libbie friends, and I think that they'll have another whiny excuse for why a whiny libbie didn't win. Wah wah wah, it's the electronic voting system and nader and blah blah blah, stfu.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #2370846 - 02/23/04 05:04 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Wlll last time the asshole caused Al Gore to lose the election and now the fucker comes back again to run as an independant.

No, Al Gore was the one who caused Al Gore not to be elected. It's funny how everyone on this site claims to be a third party person but as soon as one pops up they are discusted and surprised when they oppose the demopussies. Even loopier are those that claim it's some sort of Bush conspiracy to get him elected.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: Innvertigo]
    #2372968 - 02/23/04 05:06 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Al Gore was the one who caused Al Gore not to be elected.

al gore has his share of the blame..but the bulk of it still rests solidly on jeb bush..katherine harris..james baker..and the scalia-5 (the nation)...even nader himself has reversed his position on blaming al gore (WSWS)..and now admits..correctly..that the 2000 election was stolen...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2373009 - 02/23/04 05:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Don't forget the Illuminati and the Bildeberg group... or maybe it was ZOG.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
    #2373048 - 02/23/04 05:32 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

This country is in sad shape.

Have we really come to the point where we're willing to vote for whomever we're told has the best chances to beat Bush? When you vote, you vote for someone to win, not for bush to lose... so often I heard during the 2000 race that this or that person thought Nader was the better candidate but voted for Gore anyway, so as not to give the election to the republicans...

When the only reason you have to vote for someone is that he's not someone else, I'd say you have a piss poor candidate there... a person should run on his own merits, not on his opponent's demerits...

I say kerry is going to end up getting a whole lot of votes that should rightfully have gone to nader.

I also say that Gore cost Nader the presidency in 2000, not the other way around... If all the people who thought Nader was the best candidate had voted for him there would have been a third party landslide... instead all the sheeple did what they were told instead of following their true beliefs...

I like ralph nader... thanks to him, when was the last time you saw a car explode?

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #2373189 - 02/23/04 06:20 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think the leading liberal third party should be allowed to run against the leading democrat in a primary, and if the 3rd party candidate loses, he drops out of the race.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#2373281 - 02/23/04 06:59 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Al Gore was the one who caused Al Gore not to be elected.

al gore has his share of the blame..but the bulk of it still rests solidly on jeb bush..katherine harris..james baker..and the scalia-5 (the nation)...even nader himself has reversed his position on blaming al gore (WSWS)..and now admits..correctly..that the 2000 election was stolen...

I hope you're not basing that assumption on what Nader says. He's a friggin' fruit loop. Bush won by the rules that were set in place. If they don't like the rules then NOW is the right time to try to change them. I don't believe that the electroal college is the best way of doing things but it is the rules the spinless go by. In a middle of a football came you can't change the rules because all of a sudden you find them unfair.

As for Harris, she wasn't following the law as much as I would of liked. She let the counting turn into a fiasco when she had the power to stop the recount according to election law. Jeb Bush couln't find himself out of a wet paper bag so I don't see what he could of possibly done to influence anyone. Baker? I'm not sure how he could of done much and Scalia isn't the only person on the Supreme Court, you may not like him but he's not alone.

I'm sure if it went the other way the exact same thing would be happening.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

#2373371 - 02/23/04 07:27 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem?

His shoes are too tight.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #2373416 - 02/23/04 07:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

the CREDIT rests with.....although you're wrong about everyone. Al Gore was and is an evil, phony jerk-off. Bill Clinton and his wife are evil swine and cannot be trusted. Hunter Thompson said, in "Better Than Sex", that the Clintons would make us beg for Nixon. Now I know Hunter hates everyone but, still, he is a very smart man. These people have no position other than that they wish to rule. BWAAAAAHAAAHAAAHAA. It's like nailing down jello. The inventor of the internet lost Florida and he lost his own state to boot. What an asshole. I'm damn glad we didn't have a wishy washy whiner in office 2 years ago and I'm happy about it now.

As far as the country being in sad shape goes, I ask you to pick a time machine and a transporter and tell me where in all of human history you would honestly rather be. I know some neuronauts would come up with some stupidity, but frankly, I'll look to Anna Nicole for my stupidity. She's easier on the eyes and does it so much better.

--------------------

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: Buddha5254]
    #2373428 - 02/23/04 07:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

About BUSH: I just want that fucker out. He has done enough damage the country already.

Emperor to Luke
"Strike me down with all your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete"

Yoda to Luke
"If once you start down the dark path, forever it will dominate your destiny"

-Yoda "Fear is the path to the Darkside. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate...leads to suffering.

Instead of voting for the lesser of two evils(darkside) because of the hate bush causes in you, vote your heart.
Note: The heart part comes from something LearyFan wrote.

NADER He was great, calling out the government on its hypocrisy, and telling the truth about how our country is run. I wish other parties could make inroads, and get rid of the two party system, but its naive to think its gonna happen this election year.

Yoda to Luke
"So certain are you. Always with you it cannot be done."

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: Gijith]
    #2373454 - 02/23/04 08:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm voting libertarian.

there's no way bush will loe texas, so it doesnt matter how I vote.

my hope is that if more people vote for third parties, the primary parties may shift their positions to accomodate that.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2373554 - 02/23/04 08:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Weren't you just trying to flog my "libertarian ass" in another thread? Didn't you just wear me out with your liberal whiny crap until I passed out? I think the thread was "What if...." in reference to the electoral college and we got into felons and idiots? And now, you phony prick, are gonna vote Libertarian? Vote your conscience. Vote for Lyndon Larouche.

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
    #2373681 - 02/23/04 09:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Bush won by the rules that were set in place
:lol:

http://www.usccr.gov/pubs/vote2000/report/ch9.htm

--------------------

OfflineHATU
Gonzo Reporter

#2374115 - 02/23/04 11:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was thinking along the same lines as you a few months ago, then I heard an interview with Nader by Amy Goodman on Democracy Now. He basically said when there are people telling you you can't say something or in this case run for office in a democracy than something is wrong. Over a million gay people voted for Bush, why don't they get blamed for loosing the election? You really can't tell someone not to run in a democracy, besides he doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of causing the Democrats to lose this year. As much as I disagree with what the Bush administration has done I hate to hear Nader hate talk, because he represents the exact opposite.

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: HATU]
    #2374446 - 02/24/04 01:30 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

He basically said when there are people telling you you can't say something or in this case run for office in a democracy than something is wrong.

Well, there is something seriously wrong with the political structure in the US. Now, we must answer the question: what approach should we take to fix the system?

I think Nader is approaching political reform the wrong way; change must occur from the bottom-up, not by engaging in impossible-to-succeed, wasteful campaigns that might have unintended negative consequences.

In 2004, a New-England liberal who has been compromised by corporate interest is the less-of-the-two-evils in a presidential race with a unilateral, ultra-corporate, blatantly dishonest, Big Brother-esque rightwing ideologue who has publically proclaimed that he is "a war president."

I think that 2004 is not the year to make a statement on the antiquated-two party system/electoral college. 2004 is the year to fire George Bush, Dick Cheney, John Ashcroft, Donald Rumsfeld, etc.

--------------------

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #2374515 - 02/24/04 01:54 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I think that 2004 is not the year to make a statement on the antiquated-two party system/electoral college. 2004 is the year to fire George Bush, Dick Cheney, John Ashcroft, Donald Rumsfeld, etc.

exactly. i would've voted nader in 2000.... but i cannot bear the thought of Bush for 4 more years. He's Done with.... i hope the door hits him on the ass on the way out too. Im voting democratic out of spite

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Invisiblepsyphon
mneumatic device

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: Infrared]
    #2374753 - 02/24/04 04:02 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry I don't have time to read the whole thread right now, but I have to say something.

I can't belive no one has mentioned Dennis Kucinich. A REAL democrat. One that wants to end the war on drugs, and shares many similar ideas with Nader. Usually I'm all for the 3rd parties, usually Libertarian, but this time I'm happy to say that there's a democrat-party politician that is actually a democrat.

So ideally:

If not then:

Tell everyone you know to vote for Dennis Kucinich for President!

--------------------
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
- Marcel Proust

I wish you all ceaselessly flowing moments of happiness.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#2374802 - 02/24/04 04:49 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

http://www.usccr.gov/pubs/vote2000/report/ch9.htm 

:lol: That site is as loopy as your reasoning.

Don't be afraid to think for yourself.  It's good for you.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2375749 - 02/25/04 10:12 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

That site is the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, a site I would consider to be a reputable source. If there is anything to this, hopefully the Democrats will lock in on this issue when the election campaign heats up.

Edit: somewhat reputable anyway. Inasmuch as a U.S. Government agency can be considered reputable. :smirk:

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Edited by Baby_Hitler (02/25/04 10:19 AM)

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: zappaisgod]
    #2376242 - 02/25/04 01:40 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Weren't you just trying to flog my "libertarian ass" in another thread? Didn't you just wear me out with your liberal whiny crap until I passed out? I think the thread was "What if...." in reference to the electoral college and we got into felons and idiots? And now, you phony prick, are gonna vote Libertarian? Vote your conscience. Vote for Lyndon Larouche.

You dont know me. You only know what I have chosen to tell you about me.

BTW, this board has a no flames policy. I'm not surprised that pinkie hasnt called you on it, because you both share the same political leanings. But rono is in here too sometimes, so be advised.

PS- if it makes you feel any better, I probably wont vote at all because it is a stupid waste of time anyway. But, in this situation, if I were going to vote, it would be libertarian. That doesnt mean I am a member of the libertarian party, or any other party for that matter. I simply choose the best of bad choices in a way that corresponds to the current situation. I am not a principle voter, I am a situational voter. Right now, I think things are too repressed, so I'll vote libertarian. If I thought things were too free, I would vote republican, or possibly democrat, depending on which freedoms I thought were too rampant.

Edited by DoctorJ (02/25/04 01:50 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#2376788 - 02/25/04 05:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Nobody knows you, we can only know your behaviour. You were flamed? By me? You called me a coward and a freeloader (see thread What if....I think page 5). Tell your mommy. Have her message me.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #2377703 - 02/25/04 11:57 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

DoctorJ writes:

I'm not surprised that pinkie hasnt called you on it, because you both share the same political leanings.

Pinky was unable to access The Shroomery for most of yesterday. I got a lot of catching up to do.

DoctorJ is right. No flames allowed.

pinky

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2379323 - 02/26/04 11:29 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Please, no flaming. We are all only human, at least most of us, except maybe G. Bush.

mj

OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
    #2380255 - 02/26/04 04:03 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'll pay you, and any other rabid anti-Busher, one dollar for a picture of your face when you realize that hes won again. It's for my "Laugh at a Liberal" mural project.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#2380428 - 02/26/04 04:37 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Rereading your post I noticed "I probably won't vote at all because it is a stupid waste of time." Blessedly, this is the attitude of most felons so you're screaming that they should be able to vote, in a previous thread, is like demanding that pigeons should the right to swim. If I say you are stupid, is that flaming? Tell your mom to message me.

--------------------

Invisiblethescientist
Loc: Dade County
Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #2389707 - 02/29/04 09:57 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MikeOLogical said:
This country is in sad shape.

America will never be nicer than it is now. enjoy the wonder years

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: thescientist]
    #2391535 - 03/01/04 02:16 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Nader creeps me out. I think he has found some secret potion to make him never age. He hasent changed a bit in the last 30 years.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds