Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAkEnthusiast
Fungi Hobbyist
Male

Loc: Flag
Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil
    #22342476 - 10/06/15 07:52 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

:bigweed:Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil:bigweed:

Decarboxylation

Step 1. Preheat oven to 240*F. While waiting, break up Cannabis and spread thin on a oven safe dish
or pan.

Step2. Cover Tightly with heavy duty aluminum foil so no vapors escape during heating.

Step 2. Place dish/pan in oven for 45min. I added a thermometer to mine because my oven likes to fluctuate.

Infusion

Step 1. Place decarbed Cannabis in small mixing container and add a few small teaspoons of Lecithin. This is a "secret" ingredient that many edible companies use. It sends more canabinoids to your brain quicker and easier,  increase cannabinoid effectiveness and intensity, and acts as an emulsifier to allow the cannabinoids to bond easier.

Step 2. Mix Lecithin thoroughly with activated Cannabis.

Step 3. Place Coconut Oil in hot water bath. Slowly raise temperature to melt oil to make it easier to remove from jar.

Step 4. Setup double boiler and combine activated Cannabis, Oil, and a little water. Heat to 165-180*F for a few hours. 1st picture roughly 2hrs, second is 3hrs. 

Step 5. Strain mixture into separate container. *Note* Make sure it is microwave/oven safe as to not crack. Some people use cheesecloth, but I just used two metal mesh strainers (filtered twice). Use back of spoon to squeeze out all remaining liquid. Discard plant material.

Step 6. Cover container of strained oil/water mixture and place in freezer for 3-4hrs.

Step 7. Remove container from freezer and separate the solidified oil from any remaining water.

Step 8.*Optional* Place original glass jar back in hot water bath. Cut up block and place pieces back in jar. Continue until all activated oil fits back in jar.

Step 9. Put in fridge to solidify and store.

--------------------
"There are no apt words to characterise one's state when one is, shall we say, 'beshroomed'". - R. Gordon Wasson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDustBunnyM
Male

Re: Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil (moved) [Re: AkEnthusiast]
    #22342560 - 10/06/15 08:04 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

This thread was moved from Other Drugs Discussion.

Reason:
Figure you'll get many more responses here.

InvisibleLSDollar
Trans-female

Loc: Up Up and Away Flag
Re: Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil (moved) [Re: DustBunny]
    #22342596 - 10/06/15 08:11 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

This takes longer than cannabutter, but is the wait time worth it? Im getting a qp of schwag soon, not sure if its actual buds or if its mexi-brick, and plan on doing cannabutter, but if this works better I may have to try this instead, as schwagg doesnt have much thc to begin with.

InvisibleAkEnthusiast
Fungi Hobbyist
Male

Re: Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil (moved) [Re: LSDollar]
    #22342627 - 10/06/15 08:20 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mirraco said:
This takes longer than cannabutter, but is the wait time worth it? Im getting a qp of schwag soon, not sure if its actual buds or if its mexi-brick, and plan on doing cannabutter, but if this works better I may have to try this instead, as schwagg doesnt have much thc to begin with.

Ideally you would want to decarb your starting material with either method. I just prefer Coconut Oil because it has a higher fat content than butter so in theory, it can hold more cannabinoids.

--------------------
"There are no apt words to characterise one's state when one is, shall we say, 'beshroomed'". - R. Gordon Wasson

OfflineMysticMoteToter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Who nose.
    #22342732 - 10/06/15 08:44 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

also in the future a slow cooker is killer, cook the coconut butter, and bud, cook for 12-18 hours on low and strain through a cheesecloth and put in fridge to cool. I swear slow cooking it makes it at least twice as potent as the double boiler method! Edibles are the shit!  :bigyesnod:

--------------------

:zaphod:   :zaphod: 

Half Homo Hardly Sapient
Overview Effect
Fuck War, Feed Birds.

InvisibleAkEnthusiast
Fungi Hobbyist
Male

Re: Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil (moved) [Re: MysticMoteToter]
    #22342827 - 10/06/15 09:02 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MysticMoteToter said:
also in the future a slow cooker is killer, cook the coconut butter, and bud, cook for 12-18 hours on low and strain through a cheesecloth and put in fridge to cool. I swear slow cooking it makes it at least twice as potent as the double boiler method! Edibles are the shit!  :bigyesnod:

How would a crock pot increase potency? And by over x2? I can understand that leaving it for 12hrs+ will bring out a lot more sedative effects if that's what you mean. But both techniques are essentially the same. But with the stove, you can dial in a exact temp.

--------------------

OfflineMysticMoteToter
Male User Gallery

#22342877 - 10/06/15 09:13 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Trust me dude, try out a slow cooker and then decide if you wana go back to the double boiler. It's just another method so take my word with a grain of salt. But i used to make my cannabutter double boiling it for 2-3 hours and once i switched to a slow cooker on low see no reason to go back. But to each his own

--------------------

Half Homo Hardly Sapient
Overview Effect
Fuck War, Feed Birds.

OfflineCosmicAdventurer
Dr Getafix?
 User Gallery

Re: Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil (moved) [Re: MysticMoteToter]
    #22343021 - 10/06/15 09:42 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Yes Coconut is the prime fat for cannabis.

Im in the midst of some coconut medi oil asweshhpeak.

This was made from trim and is twice the power of the butter I made last run.. Last run was prime bud and still this runs coconut batch is way stronger. Mine is black like used motor oil when liquid and brown, not green when solid.. The Strength  is due to having infused it at a low temp of 220 F . I think the trick is the lower than the THC boiling point (280f or so I think) infusion.

To high and you run the risk of Vaporizing some of the goodness. The tight foil wrap will help catch it and cool down once off the heat, it will resettle. Don't heat without an airtight lid for this reason.

My shit has me on the nod like an opiate at 3 table small spoons and my tolerance is just like me right now,, VERY HIGH!!

OfflineMysticMoteToter
Male User Gallery

Re: Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil (moved) [Re: CosmicAdventurer]
    #22345838 - 10/07/15 02:38 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

for real man, i have a batch of rice crispy edibles right now that i made with a 5 oz's of trim+avb, shit turns out KILLER even with just trim and AVB. I also really like no bake recipies b/c its no bake and doesn't further decarb/breakdown the butter (rice crispy treats ftw). a crock pot @ 200f for 12-18 hours + coconut oil = some beasty potent ass edibles. I eat one of these and im baked af for the entire day :offthehook:

--------------------

Half Homo Hardly Sapient
Overview Effect
Fuck War, Feed Birds.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals