Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
"They can't ALL be wrong!"
    #20329593 - 07/25/14 10:34 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

This has been said of the religious, UFO aficionados, Bigfooters, Nessites, Crop Circle jerkers and so on.

My question is not whether you believe or not, but why is it impossible for them all to be wrong?

--------------------

Edited by OrgoneConclusion (07/25/14 11:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWithinity
Untitled
Male
Loc: Côte d’Ivoire
Re: "They can't ALL be wrong!" [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #20329639 - 07/25/14 10:47 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

What the!?

I didn't know the word Aficionado was used in the English language.

--------------------

OfflineRapozk
Stranger
    #20329655 - 07/25/14 10:50 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I guess a whole lot of conspiracy theories actually started from some sort of truth. But thanks to how humans act, they have spiraled out of control.

I have been following a discussion about a chemtrails-activist (I don't want to start a debate about chemtrails here, just using this as an example) and what he did was that he collected all "evidence" and considered it as good evidence in order to have a huge quantity. That means that he constantly gave contradicting evidence trying to convince other people. He was confronted about using contradicting evidence, he agreed that he made a mistake, but on and on he made lists of how much evidence there was, simply refering to the quantity of evidence and there he used the same contradicting evidence again.

People did go through some of his evidence and made him realize that some of it was just bullshit, but as time went on, he went back to listing the same bullshit as evidence again.

I think that his driving force was not based on real observation. He thought of the world as groups of people, he believed there was evil people and good people, and he was desperate for finding the evil people. Chemtrails appealed to him because he could claim that there was evil men behind it all, thats why he was interested in it. What reality was, was unimportant to him. He even went to that extent that it didn't matter to us if we agreed to him, because maybe he lived in another reality where his theory was true.

I guess if you have a whole lot of nutjobs trying desperately to find an enemy where there is one and they use all their collected evidence, even if it contradicts itself, the conspiracy theories gets their own life and spirals out of control. 

The same goes with UFO... I see a lot of people talking about UFOs, but they seldom speak of extra-terrestials beings, they argue about the evil US-governemnt that have all the evidence and is keeping it a secret from the public. Its the same thing, some of them are not interested about the UFOs, they want to desperately find the evil men behind it all.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: "They can't ALL be wrong!" [Re: Rapozk]
    #20329716 - 07/25/14 11:07 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Years ago, I challenged our most vocal UFO nutter to give me the ABSOLUTE BEST piece of evidence for UFOs as extraterrestrial craft. After I easily debunked it he went on to present a mountain of not-so-good evidence as if sheer volume of erroneous data = one solid data point.

--------------------

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

#20329866 - 07/25/14 11:47 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Because you added and so on, and so on includes everyone who believes anything. If there is just one person who has a correct belief, they can't all be wrong.

OfflineWithinity
Untitled
Male
Loc: Côte d’Ivoire
    #20329959 - 07/26/14 12:00 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I reckon this guy has built a pretty solid case against your existence aswel. Yet just because the humpback Anglerfish cannot conceive your existence as a land creature that bathes in the Sunlight, it doesn't mean you don't exist rather than you are unfathomable to the Fish. Much like humans when grasping at the unknown.

--------------------

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: "They can't ALL be wrong!" [Re: Withinity]
    #20330032 - 07/26/14 12:20 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

^^ proof of demons

let's not forget the Naegleria Fowleri, brain-eating amoeba

clearly a demon manifested in physical form

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: "They can't ALL be wrong!" [Re: Hobozen]
    #20330149 - 07/26/14 01:09 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

let's not forget the Naegleria Fowleri, brain-eating amoeba

People's brains who have been eaten by Naegleria Fowleri, don't remember too well.

--------------------

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

#20330163 - 07/26/14 01:21 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

:burn:

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: "They can't ALL be wrong!" [Re: Hobozen]
    #20330169 - 07/26/14 01:23 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Are you including Ashton in that group?

Banging Demi Moore, using her Hollywood connections to further his career, then bailing when she got old and skanky and taking half her money sounds positively ingenious!

:brilliant:

--------------------

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

#20330208 - 07/26/14 01:34 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

This never had anything to do with Ashton Goucher and you know it.

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

#20330225 - 07/26/14 01:41 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

You're pretty kinky tonight, Mister.  What drugs have you been taking?

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: "They can't ALL be wrong!" [Re: Rapozk]
    #20331049 - 07/26/14 08:23 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Rapozk said:
I guess a whole lot of conspiracy theories actually started from some sort of truth. But thanks to how humans act, they have spiraled out of control.

I have been following a discussion about a chemtrails-activist (I don't want to start a debate about chemtrails here, just using this as an example) and what he did was that he collected all "evidence" and considered it as good evidence in order to have a huge quantity. That means that he constantly gave contradicting evidence trying to convince other people. He was confronted about using contradicting evidence, he agreed that he made a mistake, but on and on he made lists of how much evidence there was, simply refering to the quantity of evidence and there he used the same contradicting evidence again.

People did go through some of his evidence and made him realize that some of it was just bullshit, but as time went on, he went back to listing the same bullshit as evidence again.

I think that his driving force was not based on real observation. He thought of the world as groups of people, he believed there was evil people and good people, and he was desperate for finding the evil people. Chemtrails appealed to him because he could claim that there was evil men behind it all, thats why he was interested in it. What reality was, was unimportant to him. He even went to that extent that it didn't matter to us if we agreed to him, because maybe he lived in another reality where his theory was true.

I guess if you have a whole lot of nutjobs trying desperately to find an enemy where there is one and they use all their collected evidence, even if it contradicts itself, the conspiracy theories gets their own life and spirals out of control. 

The same goes with UFO... I see a lot of people talking about UFOs, but they seldom speak of extra-terrestials beings, they argue about the evil US-governemnt that have all the evidence and is keeping it a secret from the public. Its the same thing, some of them are not interested about the UFOs, they want to desperately find the evil men behind it all.

Do you really have to look all that hard to "find the evil men behind it all"?  You have scores of listed companies doing "weather modification" and the cloud seeding planes fly around seeding clouds most days, at least where I live.  What are they using to do this?  Silver iodide, nanonized alumina, etc.  It's really no conspiracy, if it's really happening.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom