Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheFourthEyE
explorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: South africa Flag
What should i do with my mimosa hostilis as winter is arriving?
    #19718078 - 03/19/14 11:33 AM (10 years, 12 days ago)

hey guys

So i wanted to transplant my mimosa hostilis in to my garden or somewhere outdoor but now autumn is here and i'm afraid that it might die during the winter and its really to big for it's pot now. i also don't want to plant it into a bigger pot or else its gonne get to big? here are some pics

its about 1 meter tall.

what can i do?

--------------------
:mushroom2:dankie vir die tyd geneem het om dit te vertaal:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelol98xlol98
Some Guy
 User Gallery

Loc: South East Coast
Re: What should i do with my mimosa hostilis as winter is arriving? [Re: TheFourthEyE]
    #19718249 - 03/19/14 12:09 PM (10 years, 12 days ago)

Gorgeous mimosa. How mild are the winters where you are, these species tend to be cold hearty. It survives the mild east coast American winter.
This is why I chose to obtain a dwarf variation of this Gene. It looks like it is doing well in the pot you have it in. It is only going to grow as much as you "let" it. But I assume you want it as big as possible?
What are your intentions with it? Mother plant? Harvest? There are many things you "can do" which include :Nothing, transplant, attempt to bonsai that bitch by tying something really tight around the base by the ground and trying to starve off and force new root growth over the 'tie off'. Which would result in it not wanting to grow up anymore for awhile it would have to grow new roots. But hold old is this specimen it may not take to well to an attempt to bonsai since it has been seemingly left to thrive. Mimosae species don't take too well to ice, they dis like it very much so. I have noticed all my outdoor mimosae species lose every leaf in the winter. Where as my indoor ones keep their leaves year round.
Planting it in the ground may be a good option, but I would do it while it has time to adjust to the coming winter if possible. Has it been an outside on the deck plant? How has it been grown and what environment is it usually in? Is it an outside tree?

--------------------
~Namaste~

OfflineTheFourthEyE
explorer
Male User Gallery

Re: What should i do with my mimosa hostilis as winter is arriving? [Re: lol98xlol98]
    #19718307 - 03/19/14 12:20 PM (10 years, 12 days ago)

Thanks! it is roughly 5 months old. my main objective is to harvest it once it gets big enough. yes a keep it outside always. the winters here are kind of cold. temps occasionally drop below freezing point. is there anyway i can trim it maybe?

--------------------

Offlinelol98xlol98
Some Guy
 User Gallery

Loc: South East Coast
Re: What should i do with my mimosa hostilis as winter is arriving? [Re: TheFourthEyE]
    #19718737 - 03/19/14 01:47 PM (10 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

TheFourthEyE said:
Thanks! it is roughly 5 months old. my main objective is to harvest it once it gets big enough. yes a keep it outside always. the winters here are kind of cold. temps occasionally drop below freezing point. is there anyway i can trim it maybe?

Of course you could prune it back a little, but I don't know if autumn is the season you would want to prune this little tree.

Well as it is used to being outside I would monitor it as the season changes. But if it seems to be "fine" outside. I would let it just be an outside plant. Since it is used to the outdoors it may just survive.
My advise... Bigger pot keep it as an outdoor plant. If it gets too cold cover it with a clear piece of Mylar and make it a make-shift frost protection mechanism.
If it gets toooooo horribly cold I would consider moving it indoors for those periods.

All in all you got a beautiful fucking tree there. Is she hard grown from seed by you? Do you have any clone gel or rooting hormones? Consider making clones. (If you decided to take cuttings off of it why not grow them bitches too?)

I have a dwarved variant of this species. They are two to three months old and no bigger than a bic lighter.

--------------------
~Namaste~

Edited by lol98xlol98 (03/19/14 01:51 PM)

OfflineTheFourthEyE
explorer
Male User Gallery

#20579626 - 09/17/14 01:20 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

spring update!..... it died...

can i still use the roots, even though she was only 4-5 foot?

--------------------

InvisibleSterben
Female User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands
    #20581643 - 09/17/14 10:03 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

how did it die...and probably...

--------------------
:alert: All posts by Sterben should be considered fictional and are for entertainment use only.
Anyone reading these posts should consider them all fictional.
:alert:

:awesketch: :awetongue: Trade List :tardpig: :datass:

OfflineTheFourthEyE
explorer
Male User Gallery

Re: What should i do with my mimosa hostilis as winter is arriving? [Re: Sterben]
    #20600333 - 09/22/14 09:23 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sterben said:
how did it die...and probably...

i think it was due to frost ey..

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds