Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinetheLoneStranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Sumwar Flag
small yellowish amanita
    #18710700 - 08/15/13 06:37 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

i know i'm a rooky at this, but i'm trying. I've come across these things while collecting edibles, which i know well enough. i.e. porcini, hen o'woods, trumpets, chanterelles, hedge hog.

If some of these seem like novice i.d.s well i'm pretty novice, but very curious.  i appreciate all the help,mainly interested in what's growing in the backyard.

Habitat:
found these around a pine tree in my yard in Arkansas, which is in a mixed forest.  Some have yellower caps than appears on pic. in a ring around pine

Gills:
gills are creamy white, crowed,seems to be a ring that keeps them off stem

Stem:
3-4 in, tapering slighly. white/whiter than capw. collar from veil. No aparent bruising

Cap:
4 in. one was 2.5 smooth with remanents of sac, appearing circular, they don't appear to be getting concave w. age, but i'm pulling them and the rain quit and they just popped. serated on end

Spore print color:
creamy whit against green bottle cap(sorry all i had)
Very important!

Bruising:
doesn't appear to bruise, a couple i pulled are barely turning tan after 2 days

Other information:
the buttons look to have ridges like i suspect the 'fly's' have, but the mushy's stem looks like it comes out of a jar, yet not the 'rolled collar' of a pantherina???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBobzimmer
Crawlin' Kingsnake
 User Gallery

Loc: NY
Trusted Identifier
Re: small yellowish amanita [Re: theLoneStranger]
    #18710753 - 08/15/13 06:45 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Could be Amanita velatipes.

--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:
I will confess something that should be quite obvious, CC.  I love mushrooms, i.e. fungi.  I really do.  I am talking about a strong feeling, i.e. emotion, for them.  I think they are beautiful.  I even dream of them.

OfflineDustJuice
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇

Re: small yellowish amanita [Re: theLoneStranger]
    #18710760 - 08/15/13 06:46 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Amanita muscaria var. alba?

OfflinetheLoneStranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Sumwar Flag
Re: small yellowish amanita [Re: DustJuice]
    #18713438 - 08/16/13 07:37 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks bob, i look at so many pictures and read so much on the web...learning to use mushroomexpert.com....but you are definately pointing me in great directions.  i'm even going to buy a microscope.

So compared to these mushrooms, the multisquamosa have a more pronounced rim collar, we have those all over, but some pictures i see the russuloid with the same collar., will the russuloid bruise?..and the muscaria won't look like they are popping out of a jar, and will have more cottony fibers on stalk, oranger with rings and bigger?  is that correct...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck